Friday, April 3, 2009


PEDESTAL science fiction novel

Those of you who have known me a while will be familiar with Pedestal, my first stab at writing a novel-length story. I didn't exactly spend a lot of time planning this work, I just sat down, age 19, and began to write. From there this dark near-future tale of social misgivings just sort of... happened. Not that it happened quickly. Periods of weeks, sometimes months passed by when I wouldn't write anything at all, but somewhere around, oh, 2002/2003 I guess, I had a completed (largely handwritten) novel sitting on my shelf.

And there it sat, oft thought about, sporadically revisited, but mainly just gathering dust. Until earlier this year, when the desire to collaborate with a friend and coworker prompted me to go back to the future I'd created. Fortunately, I liked what I saw and am now in the process of editing the ol' beast and attempting to reshape it in the form of a graphic novel with Viper Comics' Paul Tucker. Paul even "threw together" this concept cover art for the original novel. For reigniting my interest in
Pedestal and graciously allowing me to use your cover art here, thanks Paul!

Official "Big-Up": Concept cover art by Paul Tucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment